RockWare Support Forum
JosephECM

Refine bottom of solid model?

I'm having trouble refining the bottom of our solid I-data model. I created this model using IDW, and I used the top of the saprolite(gray) layer as the lower bounding grid filter. In addition I tried adjusting the buffer size on the lower grid filter without any real changes to the bottom of the Plume mass. The upper portion of the mass looks fine, but the bottom is a problem. Are there any bounding filter routines that might be useful to refine this plume mass? If you look close you can see the interpolated purple bars next to the borings that show where the plume mass should stop at.

Thanks,

Rockplot - A_A'_strat_BPLM.pdf

Hi Joseph,

It looks like the vertical resolution of the model is pretty coarse. You may want to consider changing the Z spacing in the Project Dimensions to smaller number.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Hi Tom,

I dialed the Z down to 0.5, and re-modeled the I-data. It's a little bit better but I am still having the same problem with it wanting to extend all the way to the lower constraining grid? Also I noticed that we actually have a few borings in the Saprolite with contamination, so I need to allow the I-data to extend into the saprolite layer instead of limiting it to the top of the saprolite. The only problem is when I set the lower constraining grid to bottom of saprolite it erroneously extends the model all the way to the bottom of the Saprolite layer?

Isn't there some way to limit the amount of extrapolation that is allowed in the Z direction when there's no data present?

Thanks,

You can specify Horizontal and Vertical Distance Cutoffs in the Solid Modeling Options.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc