RockWare Support Forum

Cross Section Interpretation

Tim a

Hi, I'm new to Rockworks and trying to develop my first set of cross sections. I can get the cross section developed with boring logs just fine, my question has to do with interpreting geology. Is is possible to manually draw lines connecting lithologies on a cross section in the Rockworks software or does it have to be exported to CAD to accomplish this? Thanks.

Another couple of notes:

If you have Stratigraphy data, you can create simple, straight-line correlation panels between like units in adjacent holes using the Stratigraphy | Section | Straight menu option.

If you have Lithology data, it's best to interpolate a 3D model through which you'll create a series of slices to create the cross section, as Tom noted. (You might want to go through the lithology portion of the tutorial to practice and understand the concepts of lithology modeling and diagram creation.) However, if you don't want to go that route, you can conceivably create a striplog-only section, then use the RockPlot2D drawing tools (Draw | Line Types | Polygon) to draw correlation panels. You can even link the pattern in the polygon shape to a specific lithology type.

post-3-088027700 1300748121_thumb.jpg

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc