RockWare Support Forum
ColumbiaTech

Missing striplogs

Hello

When I rotate a 3D model to 270 degrees, all my striplogs disappear. The labels stay, but my downhole info is gone. Looking from the 180 degree angle is fine.

I modeled my striplogs the same way I always do, and I've never had this problem before.

Any thoughts?

I'd have to see what you're plotting but it may have to do with your lighting. Try moving your lights or switch to Ambient Lighting.

It could also be a bitmap log that is not visible when viewed edge-wise. Check the 3D Striplog Designer for the Offset Direction. Bitmaps plotted at 90° are displayed "facing" the South, so vertical logs will not be visible from the West or East.

Tom B

RockWare Inc

What are you plotting?

Can you attach some graphics showing the different views?

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

The problem was caused by the large values for the UTM northing coordinates (4,000,000) but the small range of values (about 75 m). The OpenGL viewer uses single-precision values with 6 - 7 significant digits to display objects, and there was insufficient precision to display the striplogs on edge when they were 1 m or less in thickness.

To resolve the problem, the user subtracted 4,000,000 from the northing values, resulting in values requiring fewer significant digits (0 - 75, rather than 4,000,000 to 4,000,075).

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc