RockWare Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest aarsyad

cylinder model in TOUGH2

Guest aarsyad

Dear all,

I am doing modeling of CO2 injection to a cored rock using TOUGH2 of Petrasim. The model is in cylinder, and I try to create it but it is still difficult . Perhaps, any member has same experience. How to create a cylinder?

Thanks,

aarsyad

If you want to create a vertical cynlinder (where the axis of the cylinder trends along the z axis), then you could create a circular model boundary (go to Model --> Edit Boundary). You can then either create a polygonal or orthoganal grid within that boundary.

It is not extremely easy to create a horizontal cylinder (see the recent posting on this forum about this). Your best bet might be to create a vertical cylinder and then modify the gravitational direction consines under the Global Properties "Misc." tab.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Alison

Dear All

It is possible to create a cylinder by editing boundry. If I select regular mesh type a circular boundary appears but the recrangular portion still reamains active. If I select the poligonal mesh type, the circle is divided into many meshes. I want the circular part as single mesh. If anyone have Idea please suggest me. Aarsyad if you could please share how you solved your problem?

Thanks in advance

Deb