RockWare Support Forum
alice

Exporting to Arcmap

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to exportspecific points to an ASCII file?

Basically i only want to export the top and bottom setsof points to the ASCII file - to save both time and space!

But i have no idea how to go about it! smile.gif

Hi Alice,

What types of points are you wanting to export?

If you are working with gridded files used from stratigraphy or aquifer surfaces, the top and bottom surfaces are stored as RockWorks GRD files, and these can be exported to ArcView ASCII Grid or ASCII XYZ with the Utilities Grid | Export menu command.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc

Hi Alice,

I'm not exactly sure what top and bottom you're looking for. The KB and TD or for a specific stratigraphic unit or ...? You can convert a RockWorks database to a Personal GeoDatabase directly withing ArcGIS which would give you access to all the data.

Alice,

You can also export a simple list of measured XYZ values for a specific Stratigraphic contact through the Stratigraphy --> Export menu.

Regards,

Alison

Sorry i should of been more clear - I am trying to export the top layer of points and the bottom layer of points for every soil layer in the model.

When i export an ASCII file it exports ALL of the points - including those between the start and the end of a layer. Is there a way to only export these points, to reduce the size of the output?

so instead of this:

Depth Soil Type

1 Sand

1.1 Sand

1.2 Sand

1.3 Sand

1.4 Sand

1.5 Clay

I would have this:

Depth Soil Type

1 Sand

1.5 Clay

Hi Alice,

Use the RockWorks Lithology | Consolidate menu command to combine contiguous lithologic intervals.

Next, choose the Lithology | Export | Lithology -> ASCII XYZG File to export lithology to an ASCII file.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare Inc