RockWare Support Forum

Invalid unlock code

cmhodges

I am running both RW 14 and RW 15 on my desktop. I've kept RW 14 because it can produce editable pdfs from the Rockplot2D utility. Both ran concurrently (but I only opened one at a time) just fine until I tried to add another video card to set up three monitors in early Sept, and then I got the first "invalid unlock code" message. I managed to convince RW support that I wasn't trying to install RW15 on a third machine and things went well with a new unlock code. Later, I realized 3 monitors was overkill, removed one of the video cards, and decided to install an usb port card while the machine was open. Now I get the invalid unlock code message again. RW14 opens and runs just fine. I'm curious why RW15 thinks it's on a new machine when cards in the PCI or PCIe slots are swapped out while RW14 hums along just fine. Some kind of resource conflict at startup?

From what you described you shouldn't have gotten this message but when it comes to computers there's always a reason. We just don't know what it is. I'm sending you a diagnostic program that should give us some clues as to what happened. I suggest that you email or phone in a request for a new unlocking code after running the diagnostic.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We'd rather do away with the hassle of unlocking schemes (its a bother for us and the customers) but unfortunately it's a necessity.