RockWare Support Forum

lithology %

Guest Jason

I'm having trouble finding the right options to visualise lithology percent in a 2D striplog. I've got an integer field populated in my lithology table. Any help much appreciated.

I'm only a recent Rockworks user, so apologies if my question is a bit obvious.

Hi Jason,

The "Fill Percent" column in the Lithology Types Table is used to define how much of the striplog column the pattern/color block for that rock type should be filled. For example, if you set "Sand" to 75, then the sand pattern will fill only 3/4 of the lithology pattern column in the striplogs. If you set "Clay" to 100, then it will fill the entire column.

The overall width of the lithology pattern column is established in the 2D Striplog Designer or 3D Striplog Designer tab.

You might refer to the help messages for more information about the different columns in the Lithology Types table.

If you have specific questions, feel free to contact me directly by email and attach graphic examples if that would be helpful.

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.

molly@rockware.com

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help Molly.

My lithology % was more framed at logged intervals rather than global displays for my striplogs.

For example I might have:

122-124m SANDSTONE 100%

124-132m SANDSTONE 80% SILTSONE 10% COAL 10%

132-158m SANDSTONE 50% SILTSTONE 50%

Ideally this would be displayed in the striplog as adjacent vertical slivers in the relevant intervals, each proportional to the %.

Its pretty common, so I'd be surprised if the options is not there, I just can't find it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jason,

Our LogPlot program can handle lithology cuttings percentage data, for display in striplogs (see the mudlog example on our gallery page, http://www.rockware.com/product/gallery.php?id=176). LogPlot is our dedicated, very flexible striplog plotting program.

RockWorks is not set up to display multiple lithologies by percent because our lithology modeling routines need a single lithotype for a given interval to generate a model - you might think of it as interpreted lithology than observed.

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.