RockWare Support Forum
Lara

Hole to Hole Lithology section not based on solid model

Is there a way in RockWorks 15 to create something like Lithology hole-to-hole fence diagrams or cross sections (not projected but showing actual hole to hole distances) where the panels are interpolated strictly between the selected boreholes rather than based on the entire solid model?

My reading of the manual seems to indicate this is possible only for Stratigraphy and not Lithology (due to their inherent differences). However, I'm new to RockWorks and have gotten a specific request for this so I'd appreciate any guidance on how this might be accomplished if it is in fact possible.

thanks-

The only way to do this would be to create a solid model based only on the boreholes in the cross-section. To do this, you'll need to uncheck (disable) all of the boreholes in the database not in the section. Then, go to Lithology --> Section, and choose to create a new modelwhile creating this section. I would recommend that you assign the MOD file a name specific to this cross-section, especially if you'll need to create lots of seperate models for lots of seperate cross-sections.

If you have additional questions that are specific to this dataset, you are welcome to email me at [email protected]