RockWare Support Forum

Curved Profiles

Dan C

Hi all,

I have created a database of several hundred drillholes for a motorway redevelopment project. My manager has decided that he wants me to create 3 profiles along the alignment (broken into about ten 1km sections i.e. 30 profiles); one along the north side, one along the centre line and one along the south side. He wants every hole extrapolated onto every section.

This would be all fine and good, however it seems that I can only create straight-line profiles? Is there any way I can create a curved profile that would follow the motorway alignment, preferably defining it from an XYZ file that follows the centre-line chainage?

The only idea I could come up with is to create hundreds and hundreds of short profiles, export as dxf, then stitch them together in AutoCAD, but the time it would take to do this would be much longer than just doing it by hand.

He wont accept sections, or fences as the profile must follow the alignment of the project, not the path of the drillholes and must contain all the holes passed on the way.

Any help is much appreciated.

The only solutions I can come up with are fairly labor intensive. Create a section to match your desired profile and then manually add the drill holes the Montage program under Grafix/2D Utilities.