RockWare Support Forum

Displaying Patterns in Striplogs - Multilogs 3d

mueller

Hello

Are solids the only patterns that will show up in Multilogs 3d.

I can zoom in all I want and it does not change. I can play with the density of the patterns and that does not change the result either.

Are solids the only option? Any suggestions?

Also when you change the patterns, the changes often do not show up until you get out of rockworks and get back in.

Is there a place I can save the changes without getting out of the program?

Thanks Sally

PS I really like the forum. Thanks for adding it . Thank you for your history of prompt support. It really makes you stand out in the crowd.

Sally,

In 3D logs (and section/fence panels) the program does not display vector pattern designs for lithology or stratigraphy intervals. Instead, it uses the background color you've selected for that lith or strat type. For this reason you should be sure to pay as much attention to the background colors you choose as to the pattern design for the rock type.

When you say the pattern changes don't show up, do you mean in the pattern table itself, or when you generate a 2D log or section?

Have you updated your version recently?

Molly

Molly to answer your questions:

1. In 3D logs (and section/fence panels) the program does not display vector pattern designs for lithology or stratigraphy intervals. Instead, it uses the background color you've selected for that lith or strat type.

Answer:

This is information I am placing in the patterns tab of the borehole manager not in stratigraphy or lithology tabs. Does this hold for the patterns tab too.

2.For this reason you should be sure to pay as much attention to the background colors you choose as to the pattern design for the rock type.

When you say the pattern changes don't show up, do you mean in the pattern table itself, or when you generate a 2D log or section?

Answer:

When I generate the 3D multilog within striplogs.

3. Have you updated your version recently?

Yes, I will download the latest and rerun to make sure though.

Sally

Aha. Disregard my reply to your other post, which I just sent. Since OpenGL does not support our vector-based patterns, the 3D log cylinders (for lithology, stratigraphy, and patterns) will display the background color only, and no pattern designs.

Molly