RockWare Support Forum
mark

RockPlot 3d does not open

I installed the 2010.5.13 update of Rockworks but, RockPlot 3D fails to complete its start-up. The .dtd and .exe files are in the Rockware\RockPlot3D15 folder. Installing the update a second time did not correct the problem.

During my first attempt, I made the mistake of browsing to ProgramFiles\Rockware\Rockworks15 where the update was installed. This put the new version in the old version's folder structure. I did some deleting to clean-up my mistake. Could I have deleted some file that is required for RockPlot 3D?

There's no reason reinstalling RockPlot3D over the old installation should cause problems. If there were missing files you would get an error message?

Are you getting any error message?

Does the RockPlot3D icon show up on the task bar?

Mitch

There's no reason reinstalling RockPlot3D over the old installation should cause problems. If there were missing files you would get an error message?

Are you getting any error message?

Does the RockPlot3D icon show up on the task bar?

Mitch

Mitch,

It turns out I was impatient. RockPlot3d took about 30 seconds to open. There's was no error message. Now that I have let it take its time, it starts-up in a couple of seconds either from the Rockworks task bar or the .exe file. Sorry to have bothered you with this.