RockWare Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Reso

Filtering Reserves

Hi

how can i filter blocks (proven/ probable/ inferred) based on their content and what is average content for each of them

Kind regards

Reso

In the Geological Utilities under Solid there's a variety of options for doing advanced work with solid models. For this problem I'd just use the Range Filter to create 3 separate models for Proven, Probable and Inferred values. Set the values that fall outside of your rangtes to zero and then use the Solids/Statistic Reports to find the average value as well as other information.

You'll also find in this section Boolean Operations, Distance Filtering and Solid Model Math. Under Statistics Histograms and Residuals can be quite useful.

Hi Mitch

Thanks for your replay, I have not any problem how to filter proven probable and inferred but what i mean was : how can i filter. classify, average, and group based on different content (Zn % in my case) each of them. For example proven reserves are 100 ton average 6%zn (composed 70 t with 7%,20 t 3% and 10 ton with 4%): the same for probable and inferred? any easy way for that ?

Kind regards

Reso

Hi Mitch

Thanks for your replay, I have not any problem how to filter proven, probable and inferred but what i mean was : how can i filter/classify,average/group each of them based on content (Zn % in my case). For example proven reserves are 100 ton average 6%zn and i want to group them as resourses 0-3%,3-4%, 4-7%Zn:(to have a kind of result like this{ 70 t with 7%,20 t 3% and 10 ton with 4%): the same for probable and inferred? any easy way for that ?

Kind regards

Reso

Reso,

Have you looked at the I-Data/Volumetrics tool? It reads an existing solid model and allows you to specify the material values you're looking for, to generate a volume report and a Boolean solid model. In your example, you could set the input model to your Zn model (which I assume has gradational percentage values) and set the Grade Range to the percent ranges you're interested in. (There are a number of other filters which you may or may not want to utilize.) The report can then summarize the volume of material for the specified grade range. If you've entered a Density Conversion factor, the report can represent mass, as well.

For example, I ran a percent-sand solid model through this tool, setting the Grade Range of interest at 60 to 85, and I get a report of the original volume, and the filtered volume (cubic feet) and mass (tons) of the 60-85% sand.

Molly

Thanks Mitch for your help.

I allwas thought that i can group blocks of one model without refiltering it again

Even i exported them to exel but i have huge number of blocks that goes beyond limit of raw number of exel

Regards

Reso