RockWare Support Forum
wojoe2k8

Rockworks 2006 Import Excel files

I try to import an Excel file to my Borehole Manager. The format is correct. When I choose File-Import-Excel, I do not get a browse window to select the file but it goes directly to the Data Converter and then I get an error window "Invalid Replace Mode option". What is missing?

Hmmm. You should see a window with a title "Import Block Mapper" where you select the XLS file name, map the spreadsheet fields to the database fields, choose the overwrite options, etc.

What is the Revision of RockWorks2006, as displayed at the top of the program window?

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.

I'm using that same build, and here's what I see. Perhaps you can let me know if you see any of the following:

1. With the Borehole Manager active, I select File / Import / XLS (Excel).

2. I'm prompted whether I would like to back up my database (with a yes/no option).

3. If I choose Yes, it backs up the current db and displays a screen that shows me where the backup was saved, I click OK.

4. Next, I see the Import Block Mapper window. This is where I select the name of the XLS file to import, define overwrite options, and map the data fields.

More questions...

Have you used this import tool previously, with success?

Do you have Excel installed on that computer? (RockWorks should display a warning message if you don't, and terminate the import process.)

If the Backup Database and/or Import Block Mapper windows are not visible, is it possible that they are being displayed off-screen (e.g. in a monitor space no longer attached)? If this is possible, you could try typing Alt+Shift, then type M, then use your keyboard arrow keys to move the window back onto the current screen.

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc

[email protected]

post-3-12609888448607_thumb.jpg

I'm using that same build, and here's what I see. Perhaps you can let me know if you see any of the following:

1. With the Borehole Manager active, I select File / Import / XLS (Excel).

2. I'm prompted whether I would like to back up my database (with a yes/no option).

3. If I choose Yes, it backs up the current db and displays a screen that shows me where the backup was saved, I click OK.

4. Next, I see the Import Block Mapper window. This is where I select the name of the XLS file to import, define overwrite options, and map the data fields.

More questions...

Have you used this import tool previously, with success?

Do you have Excel installed on that computer? (RockWorks should display a warning message if you don't, and terminate the import process.)

If the Backup Database and/or Import Block Mapper windows are not visible, is it possible that they are being displayed off-screen (e.g. in a monitor space no longer attached)? If this is possible, you could try typing Alt+Shift, then type M, then use your keyboard arrow keys to move the window back onto the current screen.

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc

[email protected]

I do have Excel installed. I think that I have successfully imported files in the past. The screen I get when I choose Files-Import-XLS is the Data converter with an error window that says Invalid Replace Mode option.