RockWare Support Forum
Larry @ CNI

More Quicksurf Problems

I have recently installed Quicksurf for AutoCAD2010 on three different machines and I am haveing some problems getting all of the features to work. The bottom line is that some of the dialog boxes don't come up. I noticed the problem initially when I attempted to use the Slope Colors dialog box to contour a surface by the slope. I then began checking some of the other features and found that nearly half of the dialog boxes don't appear when they should. Some items result in nothing being entered on the command line, while send the command (i.e. PAINT) from the classic menu but not from the ribbon.

Any help resolving this issue will be appreciated.

Hi Larry,

I am not getting the dialog errors that you report, but I am finding that the new ribbon interface for QuickSurf 2010 may be incompatible with the old menu interface. I have duplicated a report of the following error when I have the menu bar and ribbon both installed:

"Error! Perhaps file qs.dcl is missing"

There is nothing in the installation instructions about installing the old menu interface, and the illustrations show the menu bar turned off in AutoCAD. It appears that the new version is intended to be run in "Ribbon Only" mode. (Subsequent versions are compatible with both the ribbon and menu interfaces. See below. Added 09 Feb 2010.)

To remove the menu files, I use CUILOAD to Unload the QuickSurf customizations. I restart AutoCAD and don't get errors with simple commands like QSVER.

Thanks,

Tom B

[email protected]

We have a new QuickSurf 2010 available for upload that addresses these issues. The executable ARX file is unchanged, but the QuickSurfLoad.lsp file now recognizes the existence of the menubar and does not load the ribbon if the menubar is active. Use the MENUBAR 1 command to turn on the AutoCAD menubar, and MENUBAR 0 to turn it off.

In addition, the help file now includes instructions for loading the QuickSurf menu using the CUI command. Click on the Transfer tab, open the QS.cuix file in the QuickSurf folder, and drag the QuickSurf menu from the right pane to the left pane. The old QuickSurf toolbar can also be loaded with this procedure.

Tom B

Thanks for the help Tom. Unloading the menu allowed me to use Quicksurf with the ribbon but there are still some minor issues I am still trying to fully document. One example is that when I perform an operation using the ribbon (i.e. click grid) I have to press "enter" 2 extra times to gird the current surface compared to entering "grd" on the command line.

With regards to your most recent post, can I have the ribbon and the menu installed at the same time? I am trying to get use to the ribbon but for productivity purposes I still use the menus most of the time.

Hi Larry,

Use the attached QuickSurfLoadBoth.lsp file instead of the QuickSurfLoad.lsp file to load both ribbons and menus. You will still need the old QUICKSURF customizations unloaded with CUILOAD or MENULOAD, and to use the CUI method described in the help and manual to load the QuickSurf menu.

Thanks,

Tom B

RockWare

QuickSurfLoadBoth.zip