RockWare Support Forum

RCL questions

Rob Faas

From time to time i have to make different lithology profiles over and over again. so i decided to make and rcl script to automate the work. it works wonders. i only have a few questions if some options are also possible to script.

1)changing decimals to 0 (ie 1.0 -> 1). When i draw a profile the vertical axis is showing the numbers with 1 decimal (ie 10.0). i want the axis without and decimal (10). atm i now manually do this in rockplot. i was wondering if this is possible within the script. i tried the following code:

DEFINE: PROFILE_BORDER INCLUDE_BORDER True

DEFINE: BORDER AUTOMATIC_DECIMALS false

DEFINE: BORDER DECIMAL_PLACES 0

i don't know what it does but it is not changing the decimal on my vertical axis. so i'm looking for an other option to taclke this problem.

2) scalebar in the rockplot files. In the current profiles i substitute the bottom X and Y axis for one scalebar that shows the distance within the profile. I found the options to disable the X and Y bars in the scipt but was wondering if it is possible to script the scalebar so that is it drawn on the profile automaticly instead of me drawing it every time manually in rockplot.

3) the option RKW2PNG is somehow not working correctly for me. When i use this function the final png only shows the bottom part of the picture (see attached png). somehow i made an error in the code and can't find it. i'm using the following code:

DEFINE: RKW2PNG RKW_FILE_NAME S:\..\input.rk6

DEFINE: RKW2PNG PNG_FILE_NAME S:\..\output.png

DEFINE: BITMAP_OPTIONS RESOLUTION 300

DEFINE: BITMAP_OPTIONS VERT_EXAG 5.0

EXECUTE: RKW2PNG

could somebody help me to find out what is wrong?

a lot of quetions hopefully someone can help me with it.

thanks,

Rob

post-9719-12581048228591_thumb.png

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your quick reply. i forget indeed to tell wich version i'm using. The version here is rockworks 2006, revision 2008.3.28

i saw as well that there are no options in Perimeter Annotation Options to change the decimals and draw a scale bar. i just hoped that i could do this with some RCL code. a well, maybe in another version of rockworks.

thanks again for your quick reply.

greets,

rob