RockWare Support Forum

rockplot and label placing

Rob Faas

i'm using rockworks (2006) for a while now to create lithology models and profiles. It works create. the only thing i'm always getting a bit frustrated about is the label placements in rockplot within the lithology profiles. if there are to many boreholes close to each other the labels are plotted on top of each other which gives a black blur.

atm i'm replacing all the double plotted labels by hand but this is a lot of work and since the selection of labels takes time. I was wondering if there is an option somewhere to tell the software not to print labels on top of each other but next, above, or what ever. this would safe me a lot of time and work.

thanks for your help!

greetings,

rob

Hi Rob,

There's no capability to automatically offset the striplog log titles (showing BH name) in a profile. Profiles are tricky because boreholes are projected onto the slice, and sometimes will project right on top of each other. Lithology / Section diagrams won't do this quite so much, since the boreholes are placed at the chained panel endpoints. Another option might be to set the Titles to a 45 degree angle.

When hand-editing the labels, you might find it easier to use the Layers check-boxes to turn off some of the diagram components, for easier selecting. If you're working with diagrams with lots of vertical exaggeration, newer versions of RockWorks handle the text selecting and placement better.

Molly

RockWare Inc

hi molly,

thanks for your quick reply. i will try to see if the section option is an good option for the work i'm doing. the tip to to put some of the layars of is a great tip. works a lot easier selecting!

thanks again for your fast reply!

greetings,

rob