RockWare Support Forum
Adrien

Morphing models- any suggestions?

When morphing models:

A.) Is it possible make the resultant morphed show midpoints? I created 28 individual midpoint models morphed them (2 per)and now all I see is a solid model. I'd like to be able to see the changes within the model not just the sides.

B.) Is it possible to create a legend for the resulting morphed model that accurately depicts the overall changes for the entire time-series?

Hi Adrien,

1. One way to see the inside of the model is to double-click on the model to display the Options dialog box, then change the Iso-Level to a higher number, say in the middle of the range. Click Apply and click the green play button to display the morphing at this higher level. Another option is to create a second morph model with a change to the X or Y minimum or maximum in the Project Dimensions.
  2. To create a legend for the morph model, create the legend for one of the solid model MOD files, delete the other elements in the plot, save the legend to an R3DXML file (if RockWorks14), then append it to the morphed model. I will add your request for this feature to the suggestion file. (This supersedes my previous answer.) To create a legend for the morph model, right-click on the morph object and choose Color Legend from the menu.

Thanks,

Tom B

Tom-

Thanks for the reply. I will try increasing the iso-level. With regard to the legend - new question. How do I make the legend show the full range for all the models. I can easliy delete one model and append that legend, but the range depicted on that legend won't match the range for all the models. Do I just change the min/max on the legend? (where do I change the min/max? or do I have to change the min/max for the model?)

New question: Is it possible to create a morphed view of I-data displayed from the multi-log 3-D? Basically I have I-data that I would like to see as oblates getting bigger or smaller.

Thanks

1. My previous answer is not the best way to create a legend for a morph model. To create a legend that takes into account the min and max of all the models in the morph, right-click on the morph object in the Data section of the RockPlot3D window and choose Color Legend.

2. To morph the display of I-Data on a 3D Striplog, export each image to a raster file, put the file names in the Utilities spreadsheet and use the Grafix | Images | Animated GIF menu command to create a morph.

Thanks,

Tom B

[email protected]