RockWare Support Forum

Crossplot LAS Files

April_SC09

Im wondering is it possible to Import LAS files or multiple LAS files, SP and Resistivity, into the same column (cross plot). If so How do I do this? I see the first example in the Logplot gallery, so Im wondering if that was done manually (ie log design template, and copy data from excell)? Thanks,

April

Hi April,

the LAS data will be imported into a Multi-Curve table but it doesn't matter whether you use Multi-Curve or Curve (single track) tables. You do need to add a Crossplot column to your LogDesign (LDFX) file. The LAS Import won't do that automatically, there are just too many options.

Take a look at the Geophysical4 data and LDFX in our Samples folder for an example.

Mitch

Hi April,

the LAS data will be imported into a Multi-Curve table but it doesn't matter whether you use Multi-Curve or Curve (single track) tables. You do need to add a Crossplot column to your LogDesign (LDFX) file. The LAS Import won't do that automatically, there are just too many options.

Take a look at the Geophysical4 data and LDFX in our Samples folder for an example.

Mitch

So I can not add multiple curves from a LAS file into one plot automatically? I also cannot add 2 or more LAS files into one plot? Or add multiple LAS files into one logdesign? So then I must design a logdesign for each pair of curves? Then in order to have a 2 LAS files into a plot, I must add my curves into one LAS File or open each LAS file and copy the data manually into a logdesign dat file? Am I on the right track? Or am I making this too complex?

Thanks

>>So I can not add multiple curves from a LAS file into one plot automatically?

You can import multiple curves from 1 LAS file.

>>I also cannot add 2 or more LAS files into one plot?

You can add data from 2 or more LAS files but if the curve names are the same LogPlot will not know which one to use.

>>Or add multiple LAS files into one logdesign?

The LAS Import has the capability to create a LogDesign template based on the curves you've selected from 1 LAS file. However that template is very simplistic and only meant as a starting point. For more complex logs you'll need to create your own template.

>>So then I must design a logdesign for each pair of curves?

You need to be consistent in how you name your columns your LogDesign and how you import the LAS data. For example: if your LogDesign has a curve named 'GAMMA' and that curve is called 'GR' in the LAS file thyen you need to specify in the LAS Import that the GR curve should be named GAMMA. This is done on the second page of the LAS Import.

>>Then in order to have a 2 LAS files into a plot, I must add my curves into one LAS File or open each >>LAS file and copy the data manually into a logdesign dat file? Am I on the right track? Or am I making >>this too complex?

Too complex, look at my above answers and take a look at the sample files.

Mitch