RockWare Support Forum
Bthibault

Print Multiple Logs

I have approximately 250 logs that I need to print/save to pdf. Is there a way to quickly do this? I am attempting to create a batch file with all the logs, but even that is time consuming. I know it is possible to compile multiple logs quickly, but is there anyway to print them as a batch?

Hi Bthibault,

You may be able to use a LogPlot command line batch file or the Log | Batch Compile menu to compile and print to PDF all the logs from your data files. However, all the versions of PDF printers that I looked at prompt for the file name for each PDF file without stopping the multi-log compile option, so it gets confusing having multiple Save dialogs open.

I will include some instructions for the command line batch file in case your PDF printer allows you to assign a name to the PDF without displaying the dialog.

Tofer Lewis posted a message in this form that will help get started with printing with a LogPlot batch file. He lists the following syntax for a simple batch file.

DATAFILE=C:\Program files\Project_A\03-05-03.dat

FORMATFILE=c:\Program files\Project_A\MWlog.ldf

PRINT

You may be able to omit the LDF or LDFX file name if this file is the template the last time you use LogPlot prior to running the batch file.

The trick is to get all the data file names into the LogPlot batch file. If all the data files are in one folder, you can get them by running the Windows CMD program to get a Command window, use the CD command to change to the desired folder, then run the obscure FOR command with output redirected to a text file.

CD \Users\TomB\Documents\LogPlot 7\Samples\

for %x in (*.dat) do @echo DATAFILE=C:\Users\TomB\Documents\LogPlot 7\Samples\%x >> tom.txt

This results in a text file that looks like the following:

DATAFILE=C:\Users\TomB\Documents\LogPlot 7\Samples\DH-1.dat

DATAFILE=C:\Users\TomB\Documents\LogPlot 7\Samples\DH-4.dat

DATAFILE=C:\Users\TomB\Documents\LogPlot 7\Samples\DH-7.dat

DATAFILE=C:\Users\TomB\Documents\LogPlot 7\Samples\DH-8.dat

Edit the tom.txt file in Notepad to add the PRINT commands.

DATAFILE=C:\Users\TomB\Documents\LogPlot 7\Samples\DH-1.dat

PRINT

DATAFILE=C:\Users\TomB\Documents\LogPlot 7\Samples\DH-4.dat

PRINT

DATAFILE=C:\Users\TomB\Documents\LogPlot 7\Samples\DH-7.dat

PRINT

DATAFILE=C:\Users\TomB\Documents\LogPlot 7\Samples\DH-8.dat

PRINT

Save the changes, change to the LogPlot7 program directory, then run LogPlot on the command line and reference the batch file.

CD \Program Files\RockWare\LogPlot7\

LogPlot7.exe "BATCH=C:\Users\TomB\Documents\LogPlot 7\Samples\tom.txt"

If you require additional information on this procedure, let me know.

Thanks,

Tom B

[email protected]

well i would group all the images then save the file as an illustrator eps. Drop this onto photoshop and make sure it is in colour mode CMYK and the resolution size is at 300DPI (Go to Image - Image size) this will then be perfect for print. dont forget to put a copyright logo on it if it is being used as a proof and they havnt paid you yet, i usually put sample faintly across the middle and slanted in bold text usually arial Custom poster printing