RockWare Support Forum

Patterns and Keywords

richardsonj

The USGS keywords and patterns created for LogPlot were adapted from a PDF that I downloaded from the USGS site back in 2002. Sadly, when I tried to visit the same URL today, it no longer exists. I just put in an online request to the USGS librarians for help tracking this down, but I'm not holding my breath. (The original site was, according to my scribbles, http://geology.cr.usgs.gov/maps/software.html, and I scrolled down to Geologic & Topographic Map Patterns & Textures for use in Adobe Illustrator.)

The USCS soil codes/patterns have been adapted from submissions by a number of clients.

From time to time I've gone on "quests" for THE standard of rock and soil pattern libraries, only to realize that different countries and different industries (and even different companies) have their own preferences. If you have any suggestions, please send them our way! I'll post more information if I hear back from the USGS.

Thanks,

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc

molly@rockware.com

I should also mention that I still have the original printouts from the USGS PDF - am happy to fax them (though faded) to you. Please contact me by email if you need further information.

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc.

molly@rockware.com