RockWare Support Forum

Simple plume modelling

Sean S

Hello all,

My company is planning on purchasing RockWorks Utilities in the near future. As part of my proposal, I need to figure out how to achieve the following, and make sure it is applicable to our needs:

My primary goal with Rockworks is to build subsurface plume models of leaks from UST's. The data I have available is:

X, Y, Z coordinates of sample point

Contaminant level (ppm) at that XYZ point

surface elevation at XY locations.

The data obviously comes from several soil sampling borings in the area.

In the spreadsheet, I have set up a coumn for X, Y, Z, Elevation, and G (contamination level). Each sample point has an XYZG entry and each surface elevation point has an XYElevation entry - one line per sample point.

Now, there are two things I need to do, but I cannot get it to show up correctly.

1. Use the XYZG data to extrapolate a plume shape based on a threshold I give the data (say, 100ppm or 200ppm). I want nothing else to show around the plume in the subsurface.

2. Use the XYElevation data to build the ground surface model above that plume.

I've been working with the program and running through the tutorials but cannot get the hang of how rockworks takes my spreadsheet data and inputs it into RockPlot3D (no "linked data files" are present when I click on Rockplot3d.

Can anyone give me some guidelines on how I can achieve the above?

Thanks

Sean