RockWare Support Forum

Changing EOS for an existing model

Jono

Is it possible to change the EOS for an existing model grid? I looked at changing from EOS2 to ECO2N in the global properties dialogue box and when trying to select the ECO2N EOS it changed to the T2VOC EOS. It's a very laborious exercise having to recreate the model grid each time the same framework is to be used with a different EOS, if the EOS can't be changed.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure if I understand. Are you encountering a bug (in the Change EOS dialog) that causes the EOS to change to T2VOC when you select ECO2N?

- Charlie

It could be a bug, but being a complete PetraSIM novice I don't know if the way I have set the other parameters has affected the choice of EOS that I am permitted to use. I tried changing to one of the other EOS' and it seemed to work ok. My main concern is if I set up a model grid and want to change the EOS, should I be able to do so?

Jono

Your choices in the Change EOS dialog are controlled by the current simulator (TOUGH2, TOUGHREACT, etc). If an EOS option isn't available in the Select an EOS box, it means that EOS isn't available for the current simulator. No other simulation parameters affect the choice - the reason for that is a little painful.

When you change EOS, PetraSim resets all of your data that is based on the primary variable configuration in the EOS. This means that all you data for pressure, temperature, CO2, etc. for all wells, sources (boundary conditions), and initial conditions will be reset to simulator defaults. Basically, you retain all of the geometric data, material configuration, and global properties, but the state of the system is reset to default.

- Charlie