RockWare Support Forum
mark

mixed dimensions

When I try to transfer the corrected data back to the Borehole Manager, an error message is returned: Invalid value for field 'Longitude'.

There are no values in the Longitude field and the field type is text.

Guest Nicole Cordier

You can transfer your XY locations to the Utilities (in the Borehole Manager go to File | Transfer | Locations -> Utilities Datagrid), label 2 new columns Eastings feet and Northings feet (or something similar), and then do some simple Column math to convert the values from meters to feet. In the Utilities, right-click on any cell and select Columns | Math | Column & Constant Math. Specify the original value in meters for the Input Column, and the newly created column for the values in feet for the Output column. Type in the conversion constant (1 meter = 3.28 feet), and under Operation select Multiply. Do this individually for the X and Y values, and then go to File | Transfer | Locations -> Borehole Manager. Map the appropriate columns and there you go.

Hope this helps.

Nicole Cordier

RockWare Inc

[email protected]

Hi Mark:

The easiest way to do this is probably to transfer the location information from the Borehole Manager to the Utilities datagrid, change the Easting/Northing information in this spreadsheet, and then transfer the new data back into the Borehole Manager.

To do this, in the Borehole Manager, go to File --> Transfer --> Locations -> Utilities Datagrid.

This should transfer all of the fields in the Locations table of the database in the Utilities. Change the Easting/Northing information in this spreadsheet.

When you are done, in the Utilities part of the program, go to File --> Transfer --> Location to Borehole Manager.

Once the program has made this transfer, it will have to recalculate all of the XYZ locations for your Lithology, I-Data, etc.

You would also need to reset your Project Dimensions, and regenerate any models, grids, maps, etc, that you have already created.

Let me know if you have questions about this.

Thanks,

Alison

[email protected]

Your steps to converting the coordinates in RockWorks Utilities worked fine. I'm having trouble transfering back to the Borehole Manager. At first, I got an error message: Invalid value for field 'Latitude'.

Hi Mark:

If you added new columns or reorganized the columns, you'll have to map the input fields listed in the "Column Title" column to the Database fields in the right hand column.

I'm sorry for the delayed response. If you have additional questions, you're welcome to email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Alison