RockWare Support Forum

Unknown error 1100

GregVDS

I got this message, trying to create a stratigraphic model:

Error # 1.100 not defined within error table file (C:\Program Files\RockWare\RockWorks14\..\Help\Rock.Err).

Please contact RockWare.

So I contact you :-)

Greg

Hi Greg:

This error should be:

1100 – Unable to create file

We added this to our error list in a November build, so you may need to update your software.

There are a number of reasons why the program might have a problem creating a file. This usually has to do with use permissions. We've run into a few errors that have to do with user rights in Window Vista. Are you using Vista or XP?

Regardless, I would recommend that you download an update to the software to see if this fixes the problem. You can check for updates by going to Help --> Online Information --> Check for Updates.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Alison

alison@rockware.com

Hi Alison,

I'm under Win XP (Don't you plan to port Rockworks to Mac Os X? :-)).

Ok, when I do this to check update availability, it tells me that 'a previously downloaded installation exists. close and install the new version now?'. Exactly as when I load Rockworks. I have to say cancel, for if I say Ok, it then tells me 'file access denied'.

So it seems I need admin rights, that I haven't. I tried already to update RW with admin rights, but the file seemed to be 0Kb size and corrupt. How Can I have it downloaded again so as to retry and update RW?

Many thanks.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Maybe it's best to do this manually:

1. First, check the version of RockWorks you are using. The revision is listed in the title bar at the top of the program window. The current build on our website is 2009.2.25 (representing Feb. 25, 2009). If yours is older, then you should follow the steps below. If yours is that same version, then see my note at the bottom of this message.

2. Connect your browser to www.rockware.com/downloads/productUpdates.php.

3. Locate the RockWorks14 item right below the table of contents and click the small Download link. (Careful - don't download the RockWorks14 RockPlot3D Viewer item)

4. When prompted, choose Save, and save the installation program to your computer's desktop.

5. When the download is complete (the "rockworks14_installation.exe" file is appx 49 MB) you can click the Run option when prompted. This will run the installation for RockWorks14.

6. When installation is complete, the licensing manager will start up. Click thru the license agreement. The next screen should default to your existing license type, so click Continue.

7. When the program starts up, browse to your project folder (Project / Open) and try your stratigraphic model again.

If you continue to have problems with your strat model using the 2009.2.25 build of RockWorks, then it's time to look at your data. This is best done via email rather than this forum. You can zip your project folder and email it to me, and I'll have a look.

Thanks

Molly Mayfield

RockWare Inc

molly@rockware.com