RockWare Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pattihm

Weathered profiles and adding text

Hi all,

I'm rather new to rockware and have been wondering whether 2002 can create weathered profiles? I've been working with the striplogs and I can "weather" them varying the percentages in the lithology or stratigraphy tables, but it still doesn't have the curves of a handdrawn profile. Does anyone know if this can be done.

Also, is there a simple feature in RW2002 (that's the version our university has currently) that adds text and lines to striplogs (single or multiple). I'm sure it's something I've missed somewhere.

Thanks in advance, :)

Patti

Guest Tofer Lewis

Hi Patti,

I know that right now RW2002 and RW2004 cannot plot weathering from a curve profile, just a quick % as a bar, as you've found. There is no way for the program to load a curve file that would represent the weathering that you want and then plot it.

A nice option to add would be the abilty to have a curve file, even an LAS to define how the weathering would look. This could also tie into using a "geo-shading" option, based off an LAS curve, not really weathing related, but useful...

As far as the 2nd part to your questiom, it depends on the text you want to add. Labeling yes, but if you want to add notes and more detailed text, RW really cannot do this in 2002. In 2004, you can use ReportWorks and all the text you want to any 2D image, once the image is done.

Tofer

Hi Tofer,

Thank you for the reply. I thought that might be the answer. Playing with the % does seem to work satisfactorily though.

I'll have to wait until the university tries to upgrade to 2004 for the reportworks.

Thanks again :)

If it only for single logs you can do elaborate weathered profiles in LogPlot. You do need to define the outline for the profile as a curve.