RockWare Support Forum

Importing an Auto Cad file into Surfer

SafeMan

How would you go about importing a .dxf AutoCad2004 file into Surfer 8.0? My primary reason for doing this is to make groundwater elevation contours in Surfer off an Auto Cad Drawing.

Also, is it necessary to digitize all monitoring wells, once my map is imported into Surfer, so that I could begin assigning data to each well to make contours?

Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone who can help with this.

Hi Tom B,

Thanks for the help. I made sure my Auto Cad document only had XY data and not XYZ data, and it did. When I clicked on "Map" then "Base Map..." and selected the .dxf file I wanted to import, after selecting this file it plotted on my map as a very small image (see attachment).

How would I adjust the image I want to import into AutoCad so that it would fill more of the plot document? It is so small that I barely see it (see the bottom left of the base map near 0 on the x axis).

Is this problem becasue of something of how I saved it from AutoCad? Does it have to do with the image size or how I capture/save it in Auto Cad?

Thanks for all your help, as I'm quite the novice in both programs, it turns out!

-SafeMan

• 4 months later...