RockWorks/17 Revision History
(056) Information (06/30/16/JPR): A new video describing the RockPlot3D | Animations has been added to the RockWare YouTube site:
(055) Improvement (06/21/16/JPR): The RockPlot3D | Animations programs now include an option for generating Animated GIF files.
This option is useful for including animations within email and web pages as shown below.
(054) Improvement (06/21/16/JPR): The RockPlot3D | Animations | Isolevels Animation dialog now includes options for defining if the animation should start with the minimum or maximum values. This eliminates manually entering in the maximum value as the "starting" value to create a maximum-to-minimum animation.
(050-053) Improvements (06/19/16/JPR): A new category titled "Animations" has been added to the main RockPlot3D menu.
The items within this menu have been relocated from the following sub-menus:
(050) Isolevels: Formerly accessed only by right-clicking on an Isosurface model within the RockPlot3D Data tree and selecting the "Animate Isolevel" option. Although this option still exists, it has been duplicated within the Animations menu to make it easier to find. Isolevel animations are limited to solids (block models) that are rendered as IsoSurfaces. It will not work with solids displayed as voxels.
(051) Morph: Formerly accessed only by double-clicking on a Morphed model within the RockPlot3D Data tree. Although this option still exists, it has been duplicated within the Animations menu to make it easier to find.
(052) Reveal: Formerly accessed by selecting the RockPlot3D | File | Animations | Model Reveal option. The Animations options have been removed from the File menu.
(053) Rotate: Formerly accessed by selecting the RockPlot3D | File | Animations | Rotation option. The Animations options have been removed from the File Menu.
The "slide-out" sub-menus adjacent to the Isolevels, Morph, and Reveal menu options allow the user to select which object is to be used for the selected operation. These lists are limited to just the enabled (checked) objects within the data tree that can be processed by the selected operation. The following screenshots provide examples.
If no objects can be processed by an operation, that operation will be disabled within the Animations menu. For example, in the following screenshot, the Morph option is disabled because there are no enabled (checked) morphed models within the data tree.
(049) Bug Fix (06/20/16/JCJ): Project Notes are now properly saved.
(048) Improvement (06/20/16/JCJ): Saving Bitmap table entries were causing excessive warnings if the user did not enter a bitmap type before trying to depth register the bitmap.
(046) Bug Fix (06/14/16/MIW): The labeling within the Projected Section location maps has been fixed.
(045) Bug Fix (06/14/16/MIW): Creating a Projected Section with more than 50 points no longer causes an Access Violation.
(044) Bug Fix (06/14/16/MIW): Creating a Projected Section with more than 50 points no longer causes an Access Violation.
(043) Bug Fix (05/12/16/MIW): RockPlot2D Scale Bars no longer require an extra offset for the titles when the labels are perpendicular to the bar.
(042) Bug Fix (05/12/16/MIW): Using the arrow keys within ReportWorks to modify the location of an item no longer changes the current layer.
(041) Bug Fix (05/25/16/MIW): The RockPlot3D | Append option now works correctly.
(035) New Feature (04/22/16/MIW): It is now possible to select multiple layers for the "Bring-to-Front" and "Send-to-Back" operations within the RockPlot2d program.
(034) New Feature (04/21/16/MIW): A new option titled "Modify Selected Lines" has been added to the RockPlot2D program. Here's how to use it:
(033) New Feature (04/21/16/MIW): A new option titled "Modify Selected Text" has been added to the RockPlot2D program. Here's how to use it:
(032) Bug Fix (04/21/16/MIW): The View | Filter borehole preview map now converts the coordinates when the input coordinates don't match the output coordinate coordinate units.
(031) Improvement (04/21/16/MIW): The QuickMap program now converts the coordinates when the input coordinate units don't match the output coordinate units.
(030) Cosmetic (04/21/16/MIW): The "Copy To New Window" option within RockPlot2D is no longer duplicated within the View menu.
(029) Bug Fix (04/21/16/JPR): The program no longer issues an error message about a missing "SNIP" variable.
(028) Improvement (04/18/16/JCJ): An RCL button has been added to the single table import dialog within the Advanced license version to create and show an RCL script to performing the operation from a batch file.
(027) Improvement (04/18/16/JCJ): Calling the single table import (Text or Excel) from an RCL script no longer fails without showing an error message.
(026) Bug Fix (04/12/16/MIW): The Log-Section menu no longer issues an error message ("Unable to locate "<0>" menu.") and fails to display the entire menu.
(025) Bug Fix (04/12/16/MIW): The memory used to load a solid model file (RwMod) is now "released" after the program is finished with the model.
(024) Bug Fix (04/12/16/MIW): Inserting a new stratigraphic unit into the Stratigraphy Picker no longer duplicates the values of the unit below it into the new unit.
(023) Bug Fix (04/12/16/MIW): Using the arrow keys in ReportWorks to move selected items no longer changes the selected layer.
(022) New Feature (04/11/16/MIW): A "memory leak" caused by loading solid models has been fixed.
(021) New Feature (04/11/16/MIW): Automatic, non-confirmed, color-contours are now saved properly.
(020) New Feature (04/08/16/JPR): The Map Options | Symbols | Circles | Fill Style sub-menu now includes options for plotting perimeters around the filled circles.
When plotting data as lightly-colored filled circles, these perimeters create more visually appealing "bubble" maps.
(019) Bug Fix (04/07/16/MIW): The Brush Style drop-down list within the ReportWorks dialogs no longer has overplotting text and images.
(018) Bug Fix (04/07/16/MIW): The line thicknesses within the ReportWorks dialogs can now be changed from zero.
(014-017) Improvements (04/06/16/JPR): The following changes have been made to the Utilities | Solid | Filters | GeoBody Filter programs:
(014) Improvement: The minimum number of voxels setting that was used to remove small geobodies has been replaced with the Minimum % of Voxel Volume which is far more intuitive and universal.
(016) New Feature: The Contiguous Units Report is now automatically sorted in descending order based on the geobody populations (see example above).
(017) Bug Fix: The program no longer includes small disconnected geobodies as parts larger geobodies when processing very large models.
(011-013) Improvements & New Feature (04/04/16/JPR): The DataSheet | Search | Find & Replace option has been split into three separate options:
The example below shows how these new conversions apply to an interpolated block model of Lead concentrations: