RockWorks/2004 Revision History
(19) Improvement (09/14/05/MIW): The surface lighting/shadowing within RockPlot/3D surfaces has been improved.
(18) Cosmetic (09/14/05/MIW): The RockPlot/3D program now defaults to 64 color-levels when plotting surfaces.
(17) Improvement (09/14/05/MIW): The RockPlot/2D / DXF export program now exports filled circles.
(16) Bug Fix (09/14/05/JPR): The Borehole Manager / Map / Adjust Coordinates options now work properly. In the previous version, the Longitude/Latitude -> UTM program would not properly refresh the listing (i.e. the user would need to select another borehole and then re-select the previous borehole to see the changes), and the Jeffersonian program displayed the wrong menu.
(15) Improvement (08/03/05/JPR): The Grafix / 3D-Utilities / Surface-Object now includes extensive help messages.
(14) Bug Fix (08/01/05/JPR): The Grafix / 3D-Utilities / Surface-Object program no longer bombs with selected Cylinder commands.
(13) Bug Fix (08/01/05/JPR): The File / Export / Geological-Utilities / ASCII program now works correctly. The previous version would export the data from the survey table.
(12) Bug Fix (07/29/05/MIW): The Geological-Utilities / Coords / UTM->Longitude\Latitude program now works correctly (it no longer generates an undefined integer error).
(11) Improvement (07/25/05/MIW): The RockPlot/3D program now plots color-filled contour intervals as discrete bands rather than gradational changes. This provides a much sharper look to the contouring that is similar to the RockPlot2D maps.
(10) Bug Fix (07/25/05/MIW): The Borehole Manager / Stratigraphy / Export / ASCII XYZ File program now works correctly.
(9) New Feature (07/25/05/MIW): When exporting triangles, the RockPlot/3D / File / Export / ESRI program now exports the corresponding grid and model node values. The previous version would export just the color value.
(8) Improvement (07/25/05/MIW): The RockPlot/3D program now plots triangles much faster. This means that zooming, panning, and rotations will appear faster after any changes to the scene have been compiled. Alas, this speed improvement has been made as the cost of memory.
(7) New Feature (07/25/05/MIW): The RockPlot/3D / File / Export / ESRI program can now export Vertical Grids (fences) if they are being drawn as triangles rather then point or wire-frame diagrams..
(6) New Feature (07/25/05/MIW): The RockPlot/3D / Export / AVI program has been rewritten to support 24 bit color output.
(5) New Feature (07/25/05/MIW): The RockPlot/3D / Export / AVI program now uses any available CODECs (Compress/DECompress) to drastically reduce the size of the resulting AVI.
(4) New Feature (07/24/05/MIW): The RockPlot/3D / Export / AVI program can now produce separate frames (BMP's) that the user can further manipulate to create advanced AVI's or slide shows within other software (e.g. professional movie-making software).
(3) Bug Fix (07/22/05/MIW): The RockPlot/2D / Export / DXF program now properly subdivides polygons into triangles.
(2) New Feature (07/22/05/JPR): The Geological-Utilities / Grid / Directional-Analyses / Directional-Maps / 3D-Flow-Diagram program now includes an option to disable the filter that removes closed depressions from the surface that is being modeled prior to generating the flow vectors.
This filter was useful for terrain models but created havoc with surface models based on drawdown modeling (i.e. surfaces where the closed depressions are very important).
(1) Bug Fix (07/22/05/JPR): The The Geological-Utilities / Grid / Directional-Analyses / Directional-Maps / Flow-Map program now works correctly. The previous version would generate obviously incorrect maps (if any map at all). The bug that caused this error also effected other maps and programs that used the internal Slope/Aspect analyses.