ArcGIS for Desktop 10.x GIS software: introduction
ArcGIS Desktop helps you understand the geographic context of your data, allowing you to see relationships and identify patterns in new ways. ArcGIS software helps tens of thousands of organizations make better decisions and solve problems faster.
ArcGIS Desktop is available in three license levels.
- Basic (originally ArcView)
- Standard (originally ArcEditor)
- Advanced (originally ArcInfo)
All levels of ArcGIS Desktop include 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions of the program and online access.
- ArcMap – 32-bit Windows program for map creation and analysis.
- ArcGIS Pro – 64-bit Windows program for map creation and analysis.
- ArcGIS Online – Create and share maps in your web browser.
ArcGIS Desktop has a number of Extensions available to add functionality to the program.
- 3D Analyst
- Spatial Analyst
- Geostatistical Analyst
- Network Analyst
- Data Interoperability
- Tracking Analyst
- Workflow Manager
- Data Reviewer